Expired industrial gas has contaminated the air in Kano, causing 120 people to be hospitalised.


At least 120 people have been admitted to hospitals when poisonous chemicals from an expired industrial gas cylinder tainted the air and spread throughout Mundadu, a Kano suburb.

According to witnesses, the event happened on Friday evening when one Saifullahi gathered scrap metals and crushed them for recycling.

"I was notified this evening that there was a problem where Saifullahi Muhammad performs his scrap metal collection business," said Magaji Abdullahi, the ward chairman of the area.

Saminu Abdullahi, the public relations officer for the Kano State Fire Service, verified the occurrence, claiming that numerous casualties were sent to hospitals for treatment.

"About 70 of them were sent to Jaen Primary Healthcare for treatment, while 50 were taken to Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital," he said, adding that no one had died as a result of the event.


Post a Comment


Start a discussion...

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !