Lagos guard stabs to death a carpenter who climbed over an estate fence.


Men from the Lagos State Police Command have arrested a security guard named Dayon Ayuba on suspicion that he killed a carpenter named Taiye on Nitel Estate in the Ikorodu area of the state.

INFOGONG heard that Taye, who lived in the Mushin area of the state, went to see his friend Samuel Shobowale to do some carpentry work at his home on the estate along Ota-Ona, Ikorodu.

Taiye was said to be on his way home after finishing the job when he decided to take a short cut to get to the main road quickly so he could catch a ride to his home.

A landlord on the estate named Bolade said that Taiye tried to climb over the fence to get to the main road. Around 8:40 p.m., Ayuba, who was on duty, stopped him.

Bolade said, "The event happened on May 14, 2022, but after it happened, all the security guards were fired. When he stabbed that man, the security guard had just started working on the estate. Taiye wanted to climb over the fence, but the security guard told him to use the right gate. He said no, so he jumped the fence. So, they didn't understand each other, and that led to a fight. During this, the security guard pulled out a knife and stabbed himself in the leg. People rushed the man to the hospital when he began to bleed.

Our reporter heard that the man, who was 30, was taken to the Life Seminary Hospital in Ota-Ona, Ikorodu, where a doctor confirmed that he was dead.

Another resident who didn't want to be named said that the police were called and that the people who were arrested were sent to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.

He said, "The crime happened at night, and the victim was working at a place on the estate where many new buildings are being built." The security guard was too eager, since there was nothing wrong with the dead person.

Adeshida, who is the Chairman of the Nitel Estate Residents Association, said he didn't know about what happened but would call his secretary and get back to our reporter.

As of press time, he hadn't done so yet.

Benjamin Hundeyin, who is in charge of public relations for the state police, said that the case was still being looked into and that the suspect, Ayuba, had been arrested.

He said, "The suspect was quickly caught, and when he was caught, it was only a case of assault causing injury." But later, the person who had been stabbed died, so the investigation turned to murder. The State Criminal Investigation Department is now in charge of the case."


Post a Comment


Start a discussion...

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !