Kogi shuts a church due to an illegal hospital and "bulletproof water."


Kogi shuts a church due to an illegal hospital and "bulletproof water."
The New Jerusalem Deliverance Ministry in Okene has been shut down by the governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello, for allegedly scamming its members by operating an unlicensed medical facility and selling "bulletproof water."

According to reports, Peter Adeiza, the pastor of the church, has been running the hospital since 2008, during which time numerous patients are believed to have died as a result of questionable medical procedures.

The state's security adviser, Commander Jerry Omodara (retired), along with the commissioners for information and health, Kingsley Fanwo and Dr. Zekeri Usman, respectively, other government representatives, and security personnel implemented the shutdown order on Monday.

As several people were observed wearing chains on their wrists and legs, it was determined that in addition to housing a hospital for receiving deliveries and treating illnesses, the church also serves as a psychiatric and rehabilitation facility.

Members and worshipers acknowledged that the "Man of God" had been treating them for various maladies.

The pastor had previously been detained, according to the state security adviser, after a preliminary inquiry by the Department of State Services and the State Investigation Bureau of the Police to investigate into the actions taking place in the church.

Omodara continued by saying that there is sufficient evidence to show that what they perform is incompatible with both religious and medical norms.

He stated, "He will be charged and prosecuted in court in a few days, and if proven guilty, he will pay the price."

"We are here to carry out the directive of the governor to check what is happening here and see how to preserve the interest and health of our people," Fanwo said in a statement to the media.

Usman asserted that the government's first goal continues to be the welfare of the state's citizens and residents.

The police and other security services were on the scene to make sure that the premises remained shut as well as to preserve peace and order, according to the state commissioner of police, Edward Egbuka, who was represented by the Okene Area Commander, ACP Ibrahim Usman.


Post a Comment


Start a discussion...

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !